Sunday, October 21, 2007

Door #5 on Horseshoe Falls @1300cfs Video

Devin on the middle line on Sunset Falls on the EF Lewis


After Devin watched Michael Williams run door #5 he was ready to give it a try. It has been my favorite line down Horseshoe. Now it is his as well!!

One other highlight to the day was Devin's beat down in Hippy John's Swimming Hole. I watched him go into the meat of the hole from the eddie below. Once held in the hole, he rolled back upright and began about a four minute surf session. Long enough for me to paddle to bank, get out of my boat, swim and run back up the bank with my rope and he was only about half done with his ride. As I fought with getting my new PFD little throwbag open he watching and laughing he told me later. HE finally worked his way out the right side. We were all quit impressed and it also kept his 1 swim record unblemished.

To those that don't know. Devin's only swim was the first time that he flipped on the river in February of 2006 while on the Klickitat River.