Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pocket Rocket hits the snow

The other weekend me and my kids headed up to Mt Hood in search for a hill to run kayaks down. For Ryan and Kaytlin, it would be just sledding but me and Devin were looking for a jump or trees to dodge down a steep slope. After driving around for a little bit we stopped at White River Snow Park which was suppose to have a great sledding hill a half of a mile hike in. With my little girl, walking that proved to be longer than we wanted. So after coming to a steep hill with a bunch of seedlings on it with room to shoot in between. We called in home for the next several hours and got to work.

After testing it Devin deemed it good enough and gave it a go. It proved to plenty steep and all three had a great time sledding down it. I got to be the chair lift for the kayak and never actually got a ride down myself. Good thing I'd brought a throwbag with us.

Me and Devin started building up a jump on the stretch he was going down and after a little trial and error this is what we came up with. Can't wait to head back up and built another one.