Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Lower Wind 6/23/07



WIth this being my first posting I new that this was the pic of Devin I had to use.

Devin's attire consists of his new mohawk and 80's pfd thanks to Amy Shipman having a spare. I left Devin's at home. Oops!!



Me conquering The Flume. A rapid that gave me 6 stitches the first time I ran it a few years ago.

Devin initially had no interest in running this drop till he saw me run it and felt good about hitting his line. As if there is such a thing as sticking a line down it. Battle boating seems more appopriate to me!! The main thing that kept him from running it that day was that I had mentioned to him on the drive up to the Wind that if he was to get injured on the Flume today, it might cost him his 14 day trip out to the Jr. Olympics. We both felt it wasn't worth the risk.



Devin 1st run down the 1st falls of Shipard's




Devin on the 2nd falls, he didn't know you were suppose to boof this one so he plugged it both of his runs down. The 1st run he was treated with a nasal hose job.



Devin on the manky 3rd drop